Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 9, 2011

35 weeks and a (mini) meltdown

SOOO...
All this time Daniel and I have been going by our first sonogram, which predicted our due date to be October 4th. Well, Dr. Fulton (who is wonderful and awesome) is going by another calendar and says our due date is October 8th. So what, big deal.. 4 days is not a huge deal right? WRONG. 4 days is a looooonnnnngggg time to a preggo. So if you notice, I have changed my ticker to reflect the doc's date- since she IS the one that went to school and everything....

Our last appointment was Wednesday and I may have let my hormones get the best of me. I had decided that she was going to check me and that was going to be it. I was going to be dilated, and this show would get on the road. Well, Dr. Fulton sees things a little differently (perhaps clearer) than a big hormonal, emotional pregnant woman. She informed me that she would not, will not check me until I reach 38 weeks. That's 3 weeks folks! I fully intended to have him sleeping thru the night at that point!!! Doc also refuses to give me a "guess" of when she thinks the baby is coming. All she would tell me is that I would not be pregnant at Halloween. You can imagine my face- and delight.
After my many pleas, the appointment ended. My wonderful husband suggested we go up to the 5th floor to look at all the sweet babies, it may cheer me up. So we headed down the long hallway, past the pope, to the elevators. We encountered a very peppy nurse who took one look at us and said "Are you headed up? I am an L&D nurse, but I am going home for the night. I will see YOU in the morning!!! GOOD LUCK!!!" As I realized she thought I was in labor, it occurred to me that everyone in the universe thinks I am ready except Dr. Fulton. So here come the waterworks. (mini) meltdown. Daniel decides that going to the L&D floor is probably a bad idea and takes me to Newks (and Dairy Queen) instead.

How far along? 35 and 3/4 Weeks

Baby's size? Honey Dew Melon... yea right. He is a full grown toddler.

Weight gain? 25 lobs

Sleep? not much. Hard to even roll over!

Foods I am loving? Ice Water with tons of lemon has been really good lately

Foods I am hating? nothing!

Symptoms? swollen feet, swollen fingers. I HATE not wearing my wedding ring, but I swear I am scared it is gonna get stuck. The bottoms of my feet feel like I just gone for a nice run- on gravel- barefooted.

Gender? boy. sweet little bunny.

What I miss? Being able to hold it together a little better. I think every single emotion is amplified.

What I'm looking forward to? The next phase. My mother asked me if I remembered all of those big ideas I told Dr. Fulton about not intervening medically, that I wanted to go into labor on my own... I did not want to choose his birthday. I wanted him to pick it. Well sometimes you get what you ask for. She is making me stick to my plan because in my heart of hearts, it really is what Daniel and I want. We want him to come when he sees fit. Not when we decide we want him out. I guess it's the first of those things you have to as a parent and choose what is best for your child, not just what would be easier for you. I just need to trust in the Lord, and know that he will take care of us.

We are also very excited to see Daniels mom and grandmother this weekend. We haven't seen his grandmother since our wedding!!!

Emotions? Some days are a little rocky :). Daniel is being incredibly supportive. I know that it must be tough- I think it would be so aggravating for someone to constantly try to explain something to you, and there was no way in the world you could possibly understand.

Accomplishments? We got the rocker!! literally almost done with Nursery!!

No comments:

Post a Comment