Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

34 Weeks and in the home stretch!


This was last weekend at a wedding shower- we opted out of costumes, its hard enough to find regular clothes that fit! We had a blast with the happy couple, Kelly and Frances! October will be here before we know it!

How far along? 34 Weeks

Baby's size? The nurse practitioner guessed 6lbs. He is advanced :)

Weight gain? 21 pounds

Sleep? Some nights are decent... getting harder to breathe when I lay down.

Foods I am loving? Still LOVE Orange Juice. Like LOVE LOVE it. Tastes like sunshine.

Foods I am hating? nothing!

Symptoms? swollen feet, swollen fingers. The bottoms of my feet feel like I just gone for a nice run- on gravel- barefooted.

Gender? boy. sweet little bunny.

What I miss? nothing.

What I'm looking forward to? Seeing if he has hair. I ran out of nexium for 2 days and the heartburn returned with a vengeance.

Emotions? One big ball of emotion. It's so weird- for years, I have heard people say "oh, just as long as he is healthy..." and that is nice to say and all, but it's just that, something nice to say. It's the say weight as "how are you?" or "bless her heart" or "I'm fine, thanks."
BUT, sometime recently that one little saying completely changed for me, for us. Like, it is such a HUGE, tremendous statement- literally not one thing else matters to me as long as this little boy is healthy. I actually name organs in my prayers, "Let his kidneys be healthy, and his lungs be healthy and his eardrums be healthy, etc." I guess all those wise people that say things like this knew that it would hit me one day and then I would really be a mother.

Accomplishments? we finally hung most of the stuff on the walls in the nursery and I have ordered curtains. FINALLY!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your post! i always named specific organs too :) A good pregnancy with a healthy baby is such a gift from God. Will be praying for you as you get close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much Leanne- that means alot. It always feels good to be reassured by people that are already moms!

    ReplyDelete